Sony HDR-CX405 Camcorder
- Full HD Video/ 9.2MP Stills
- Exmor R CMOS sensor
- Bionz X Processor
- Zeiss 30x Optical Zoom Lens
- Optical Steady Shot Image Stabilization
- XAVC S Recoding, AVCHD, and MP4
- 2.7″ Flip-Out LCD Viewscreen
- Supports Memory Stick Micro Media Cards
- Supports Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC Media Cards
Sony HDR-CX405 Overview
The Sony HDR-CX405 HD Handycam features an Exmor R CMOS sensor and a wide-angle Carl Zeiss zoom lens with 30x optical zoom. The CX-405 captures Full HD 1920×1080 video at 60p and 9.2MP still images to optional Memory Stick Micro and Micro SD/SDHC/SDXC media cards. The Exmor R CMOS sensor is designed for increased sensitivity in low light situations and the Optical SteadyShot image stabilization with Intelligent Active Mode delivers smooth video. Users can monitor and playback footage via the 2.7″ LCD display with 230K dot resolution.
The camera records using XAVC S codec at up to 50 Mb/s and features dual recording, which lets you simultaneously capture both high-quality AVCHD and web-optimized MP4 files. The Intelligent Auto mode analyzes your shot and automatically selects the appropriate settings from ten distinct scene modes, with 60 different possible combinations. A built-in USB 2.0 cable provides a connection to your computer for charging or file transfer and fits conveniently into the hand strap, so it’s out of the way until you need it. The camera accepts a rechargeable X type battery pack for power.
- 1080/60p and 9.2MP Still Images
- Create high definition 1920 x 1080 60p videos and take high quality 9.2MP still images. Sony’s back-illuminated Exmor R CMOS sensor is designed for compact cameras and camcorders. The sensor relocates the photo diodes above the support circuitry, which maximizes the light gathering area per pixel and achieves better results in low light conditions.
- Wide Angle Carl Zeiss Lens
- The lens has a 35mm equivalent of 26.8mm at the wide end of the focal range. Shoot distant subjects with a 30x optical zoom.
- 2.7″ LCD Display
- The 2.7″ (16:9) LCD features 230K dot resolution for sharp, bright, vivid images, enabling you to change settings to best represent the scene.
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization with Intelligent Active Mode
- Compensates for greater degrees of camera shake to deliver smooth video from wide angle to full telephoto shooting.
- Minimum Illumination
- Standard: 6 lux (1/30 shutter speed)
- Low Lux: 3 lux (1/30 shutter speed)
- Intelligent Auto
- Selects from ten different settings including Portrait, Baby, Walk, Tripod, Backlight, Landscape, Spotlight, Twilight, Macro and Low Light to choose the best settings for your shot.
- Scene Modes
- Available scene modes include auto, night, sunrise & sunset, fireworks, landscape, portrait, spotlight, beach, and snow.
- AVCHD and MP4 Dual Recording
- Record video in the AVCHD and MP4 formats for high-quality or easy transfer and sharing. For the greatest flexibility, you can even record AVCHD and MP4 formats simultaneously. AVCHD provides premium video that can be enjoyed on large screen HDTVs and is ideal for capturing precious memories at special occasions, family vacations and other moments you want to treasure for a lifetime. MP4 is great for those moments that you want to quickly share on your social networks or store on the cloud.
- Supported Media Cards
- Memory Stick Micro
- Built-In USB 2.0 Cable
- The built-in, high-speed, USB 2.0 cable provides an easy connection to your computer for charging or file transfer without the need for a separate cable. It also fits conveniently into the hand strap, so it’s out of the way until you need it. Charging your camcorder is faster now through the USB; for every two minutes of charge time, you get one minute of recording time.
|Dimensions||20 × 20 × 20 cm|
Sony HDR-CX405 Specs
|Sensor||1 x 1/5.8″ CMOS|
|Pixel Gross||2.51 MP|
|Effective Pixels||2.29 MP (16:9 Video / Image Stabilizer Off)
2.29 MP (16:9 Photo)
1.71 MP (4:3 Photo)
|Focal Length||1.9 – 57mm|
|35mm-Equivalent Focal Length||26.8 – 804 at 16:9 Video &amp; Photo
32.8 – 984 at 4:3 Photo
|Maximum Aperture||f/1.8 – f/4|
|Rotation||Opening Angle: 90°
Turning Angle: 270°
|Shutter Speed||1/8 – 1/10000 Second ()|
|Exposure Modes||Modes: Auto, Manual|
|Scene Modes||Preset: Yes|
|White Balance Modes||Auto
|Outputs||1 x Composite Video Requires A/V cable not included
1 x Micro-HDMI (Type-D)
1 x USB 2.0 Built-in type A
1 x Bravia Sync
|Package Weight||1.0 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||6.3 x 4.8 x 3.4″|