Intel® for 7th/6th Generation Core™ i7/Core™ i5/Core™ i3/Pentium®/Celeron® Processors
Supports Intel® 14 nm CPU
Supports Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0
* The Intel® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 support depends on the CPU types.
* Refer to www.asus.com for CPU support list
4 x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR4 3866(O.C.)/3733(O.C.)/3600(O.C.)/3466(O.C.)/3400(O.C.)/3333(O.C.)/3300(O.C.)/3200(O.C.)/3000(O.C.)/2800(O.C.)/2666(O.C.)/2400(O.C.)/2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
Dual Channel Memory Architecture
Supports Intel® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP)
* Hyper DIMM support is subject to the physical characteristics of individual CPUs.
* Refer to www.asus.com for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists).
Integrated Graphics Processor- Intel® HD Graphics support
Multi-VGA output support : HDMI/DisplayPort ports
– Supports HDMI 2.0 with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 @ 60 / 24 Hz*1
– Supports DisplayPort with max. resolution 4096 x 2304 @ 24 Hz / 4096 x 2304 @ 60 Hz
– Supports High Dynamic Range(HDR),Wide Color Gamut(Rec.2020),HDCP 2.2
Maximum shared memory of 1024 MB
Supports Intel® InTru™ 3D, Quick Sync Video, Clear Video HD Technology, Insider™
Supports up to 2 displays simultaneously
DP 1.2 Multi-Stream Transport compliant, supports DP 1.2 monitor daisy chain up to 3 displays
- Multi-GPU Support
Supports NVIDIA® Quad-GPU SLI™ Technology *7
Supports NVIDIA® 4-Way SLI™ Technology *7
Supports AMD Quad-GPU CrossFireX™ Technology *7
Supports AMD 4-Way CrossFireX Technology *7
- Expansion Slots
4 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (single at x16, dual at x16/x16 mode, triple at x16/x8/x8 mode or quad x8/x8/x8/x8 mode)
1 x PCIe x4 (max at x4 mode)
1 x M.2 x4 Socket 3, with M key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)*2
1 x M.2 x4 Socket 3, with M Key, type 2242/2260/2280/22110 storage devices support (both SATA & PCIE mode)*3
2 x U.2 connector*3
6 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s)*2
Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10
Supports Intel® Smart Response Technology*4
Intel® Rapid Storage Technology 15 support
Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready *5
Intel® I210-AT, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s)
Intel® I219-LM , 1 x Gigabit LAN
Gigabit Intel® LAN Connection- 802.3az Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) appliance
ASUS Turbo LAN Utility
Realtek® S1220A 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC featuring Crystal Sound 3
– Impedance sense for front and rear headphone outputs
– Supports : Jack-detection, Multi-streaming
120 dB SNR stereo playback output and 113 dB SNR recording input (Line-in)
Audio Feature :
– DTS Connect
– DTS Headphone:X
– Optical S/PDIF out port(s) at back panel
– Audio Shielding: Ensures precision analog/digital separation and greatly reduced multi-lateral interference
– Unique de-pop circuit: Reduces start-up popping noise to audio outputs
– EMI protection cover to prevent electrical noise to affect the amplifier quality
– Power pre-regulator: Reduces power input noise to ensure consistent performance
Separate layer for left and right track, ensuring both sound deliver equal quality
Premium Japan-made audio capacitors provides warm, natural, and immersive sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity
- USB Ports
Intel® Z270 Chipset :
6 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (4 at back panel, , 2 at mid-board)
Intel® Z270 Chipset :
6 x USB 2.0/1.1 port(s) (4 at back panel, , 2 at mid-board)
ASMedia® USB 3.1 Gen 2 controller :
2 x USB 3.1 port(s) (2 at back panel, , Type-A + USB Type-CTM)
ASMedia® USB 3.1 Gen 2 controller :
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 front panel connector port(s)
- Special Features
OC Design – ASUS PRO Clock Technology
– Full BCLK range for extreme overclocking performance
5-Way Optimization by Dual Intelligent Processors 5
– Whole system optimization with a single click! 5-Way Optimization tuning key perfectly consolidates TPU, EPU, DIGI+ Power Control, Fan Xpert 4, and Turbo App together, providing better CPU performance, efficient power saving, precise digital power control, whole system cooling and even tailor your own app usages.
ASUS TPU :
– Auto Tuning
– GPU Boost
ASUS EPU :
ASUS Digital Power Design :
– Industry leading Digital 8 + 4 + 2 Phase Power Design
ASUS Exclusive Features :
– USB BIOS Flashback
– AI Suite 3
– Ai Charger
– ASUS UEFI BIOS EZ Mode featuring friendly graphics user interface
– Turbo LAN
– Crystal Sound 3
– EZ XMP ASUS Exclusive Features
ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution :
– Stylish Fanless Design Heat-pipe solution
– ASUS Fan Xpert 4
ASUS EZ DIY :
– ASUS CrashFree BIOS
– ASUS EZ Flash 3
– ASUS USB BIOS Flashback
CPU Installation Tool
– Three-step simplicity and safety
ASUS Q-Design :
– ASUS Q-Shield
– ASUS Q-Code
– ASUS Q-LED (CPU, DRAM, VGA, HDD LED)
– ASUS Q-Slot
– ASUS Q-DIMM
– ASUS Q-Connector
Performance Optimization :
– Fan Xpert 4 featuring Fan Auto Tuning function and multiple thermistors selection for optimized system cooling control
M.2 and U.2 Onboard (The Latest Transfer Technology with up to 32Gb/s Data-transfer Speeds for M.2 and U.2)
- Back I/O Ports
1 x DisplayPort
1 x HDMI
2 x LAN (RJ45) port(s)
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 (teal blue)Type-A
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 USB Type-CTM
4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1
4 x USB 2.0
1 x Optical S/PDIF out
1 x USB BIOS Flashback Button(s)
1 x 8-channel Audio I/O
- Internal I/O Ports
1 x RGB Header(s)
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (19-pin)
1 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 2.0 port(s)
2 x M.2 Socket 3
6 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s)
1 x CPU Fan connector(s)
1 x CPU OPT Fan connector(s)
3 x Chassis Fan connector(s) ()
1 x AIO_PUMP connector
1 x Thunderbolt header(s)
2 x 8-pin EATX 12 V Power connector
1 x 6-pin EATX 12 V_1 Power connector(s)
1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s)
1 x EZ XMP switch
1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP)
1 x System panel(s) (Q-Connector)
1 x 5-pin EXT_FAN(Extension Fan) connector
1 x MemOK! button(s)
1 x Power-on button(s)
1 x Clear CMOS button(s)
1 x 14-1 pin TPM connector
2 x U.2 connector
1 x COM port header
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 front panel connector
1 x 2-Way SLI bridge(s)
1 x COM port cable(s)
6 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s)
2 x M.2 Screw Package
1 x CPU installation tool
1 x Supporting DVD
1 x 3-Way SLI bridge(s)
1 x 4-Way SLI bridge(s)
1 x Q-Connector
1 x 2-port USB 2.0 module(s)
1 x Extension Cable for RGB strips (80 cm)
128 Mb Flash ROM, UEFI AMI BIOS, PnP, WfM2.0, SM BIOS 3.0, ACPI 6.0, Multi-language BIOS, ASUS EZ Flash 3, CrashFree BIOS 3, F11 EZ Tuning Wizard, F6 Qfan Control, F3 My Favorites, Last Modified log, F12 PrintScreen, and ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) memory information.
WfM 2.0, DMI 3.0, WOL by PME, PXE
- Operating System
Windows® 8.1 64-bit *6
Windows® 7 64-bit *6
- Form Factor
ATX Form Factor
12 inch x 9.6 inch ( 30.5 cm x 24.4 cm )
*1 HDMI 2.0 60Hz resolution support requires necessary drivers update.
*2 The M.2_1 socket shares bandwidth with SATA6G_56 ports. When using M.2 PCIe devices in X2 mode, SATA_56 ports will not be disabled.When using M.2 PCIe devices in X4 mode, SATA_56 ports will be disabled.
*3 The M.2_2 socket shares bandwidth with U.2_2 connector and SATA6G_1 port. When using M.2_2 socket with PCIe bandwidth, SATA6G_1 port will not be disabled and U.2_2 connector will be disabled. When using M.2_2 socket with SATA bandwidth, SATA6G_1 port and U.2_2 connector will be disabled. When using U.2_2 connector, SATA6G_1 port will not be disabled and M.2_2 connector will be disabled.
*4 These functions will work depending on the CPU installed.
*5 Intel® Optane Technology is only supported when using 7th Generation Intel® processors. Before using Intel® Optane memory modules, ensure that you have updated your motherboard drivers and BIOS to the latest version from ASUS support website.
*6 Windows® 8.1 64-bit and Windows® 7 64-bit are only supported when using 6th Generation Intel® Processors
*7 Actual number of Multi-graphic supported differs per Vendors’ Graphic cards. Please check with Vendor beforehand.
Asus Z270-WS LGA1151 DDR4 Display Port HDMI 4-Way SLI CrossfireX M.2 U.2 ATX Motherboard with Dual Gigabit LAN and USB 3.1 Z270-WS
- LGA1151 Socket
- USB 3.0
- USB 3.1
- 2 x Gigabit LAN
- onboard graphics (CPU required)
- HD Audio (8-channel)
Four PCIe 3.0 x16 slots enable extreme graphics
ASUS Z270-WS accommodates up to four dual-width graphics cards and supports up to 4-Way NVIDIA® GeForce® SLI™, AMD®CrossFireX™, and 2-Way NVIDIA Quadro® SLI™. This makes Z270-WS an excellent choice for designers or other professionals who depend on powerful graphics and performance for tasks such as design and modeling, processing-intensive simulation and 3D-rendering applications — or even for gamers looking for multi-screen gaming and live streaming.
ASUS 5-Way Optimization makes your PC smart. It dynamically optimizes essential aspects of your system based on real-time usage — so you get superb CPU performance, everyday energy savings, ultra-stable digital power, cool and quiet fans, and now networking and audio settings that are tailored to your apps. In short, 5-Way ASUS Optimization ensures that your PC is perfect for gaming, entertainment and productivity!
- Games and demanding applications run swiftly and smoothly with high-performance, prioritized bandwidth and vivid sound.
- Fans stay whisper-quiet for everyday computing, and ensure extreme cooling efficiency when gaming.
- Stutter is eliminated for smooth-running apps, even under heavy loading.
- Energy-conserving design saves you money.
CPU performance boost
Advanced fan controls
Precise Digital Power Control
Game faster, rank higher
Fan Xpert 4
ASUS Z270-WS features the most comprehensive fan controls ever, configurable via Fan Xpert 4 and the UEFI BIOS.
All-in-one water-cooling set
PWM or DC water pumps can be fully controlled, creating the perfect solution for custom or self-contained cooling setups.
4-pin PWM/DC fan
Every onboard header supports auto-detection of PWM or DC fans.
High-amp fan support
A dedicated fan header supplies up to 3A for high-speed, high-current fans.
A dedicated, integrated circuit protects each fan header from overheating and overcurrent.
- Comprehensive fan controls
Fan speeds, hysteresis, and fan-stop modes on every header can be fully controlled via Fan Xpert 4 or the UEFI BIOS.
- Auto-Tuning mode
All fan parameters can be scanned with a single click.
- Extreme Quiet mode
All fan speeds automatically adjust to below the default minimum, for extra-quiet operation and power savings during light loads.
- Reduced boot time
- Lower jitter under extreme conditions
- Increased stability under heavy overclocking
* Base-clock overclocking range varies according to CPU capabilities, cooling, motherboard support and tuning options. Ranges up to 650MHz are possible under select conditions.
U.2_1 + U.2_2
Hyper kit (M.2_1)
Hyper kit (M.2_1)
* Teaming supported with Windows 7 or 8.1 and dual Intel Ethernet only.
- Intuitive graphical fan controlFine-tune individual fans simply by dragging a curve with the mouse.
- EZ XMPImprove DRAM performance with a click.
- SATA informationDisplay SATA port details for easier device identification.
- Fast clock adjustmentUse mouse controls to quickly change time and date settings.
- GPU POSTSee recommendations for multi-VGA configurations and detailed information about selected ASUS graphics cards.
- Secure eraseRestore SSDs to factory-fresh condition.
- Last-modified logTrack last change and save preferred profiles onto a USB drive.
- SATA port renamingRename SATA ports for easy identification.
Assign everyday tasks to function keys, making it easier to complete small jobs such as securely removing a USB drive or switching between rear speakers and the headset.
Program and store up to 15 sequential keystrokes.
Assign shortcut keys to launch any application or to open any folder.
|Dimensions||32 × 35 × 8 cm|