No products in the cart.
Grass Valley EDIUS
EDIUS is the ideal editing software for professionals and ambitious video enthusiasts. Its users include filmmakers, video journalists, YouTubers, universities, broadcasters, film studios, production companies and government agencies. EDIUS does not limit creativity and productivity, as EDIUS allows for intuitive, fast work rather than rendering and waiting – with superior system stability. EDIUS supports the latest recording formats, cameras and codecs natively. This allows the simultaneous processing of several layers of 4K material in real-time, including color correction and additional filters.
EDIUS X best tested video editor: “the new No. 1”
Germany’s leading magazine for video technology „videoaktiv“ intensively checked EDIUS X and declared it to be the reference solution compared to all tested NLEs.
“Editing with Grass Valley EDIUS X Pro / Best ranking: the new No. 1” titles “videoaktiv” on the first page of its 01/2021 release. We very much appreciate the comprehensive test and evaluation. The article is now available in English for free download at www.videoaktiv.de.
Supported I/O Hardware
Available EDIUS variants
EDIUS X marks the start of a new era in nonlinear editing. EDIUS X comes with a completely redesigned core engine along with a modular concept allowing even more performance for fully customizable workflows. For almost two decades, EDIUS hallmark has been its stability, benchmark setting performance and creative tools. EDIUS is being used across the industry from broadcast facilities and newsgathering organizations up to government institutions, corporate productions, independent filmmakers, video creators and video enthusiasts.
EDIUS X’s new modular design enables Grass Valley to continuously update and enhance the EDIUS X feature set and workflow options. This allows to meet upcoming user demands and incorporate new technologies and web services into the software itself — such as machine learning during the ongoing development of EDIUS X. All EDIUS 10.x update releases will be available free of charge during the expected lifecycle of about two to three years.
Features of EDIUS X Version 10.0
From the start, EDIUS X features exciting new modules and functions, including:
- Background Rendering: EDIUS X will never ask you to interrupt your editing for a process to finish. This makes your workflow smooth, creative, and virtually unstoppable.
- Background Export: The new background render engine is also great for exporting files. You will never have to pause working while exporting.
- GV Job Monitor: EDIUS X keeps you informed regarding all background activities and lets you prioritize jobs as needed.
- VST Plug-In Support: EDIUS X broadens the support for VST-plugins. This includes support for latency plug-ins along with a powerful WaveShell integration.
- Motion Tracker with Chase Mode: EDIUS X allows you to easily attach a label, animation or video clip to your tracked object.
- Motion Tracker with Anchor Mode: Have your picture automatically reframed with reference to the tracked object. This is great for aspect ratio conversions and virtual multicamera shots.
- H.265 Export: EDIUS X speeds up export rendering time by leveraging NVIDIA GPU support. This is also available with the new Background Rendering options.
- GUI Color: EDIUS X comes with a refined GUI in a slightly darker color. This makes editing even more comfortable with a cool new look.
- Draft Mode: With EDIUS X, EDIUS X Pro now also includes the Draft Preview Mode allowing realtime playback of as of many tracks as you like.
- 8K Support: EDIUS X Workgroup allows project settings and also file export in up to 8K.
- Optimized Performance: EDIUS X is all about performance and a futureproofed design. EDIUS X requires Windows 10 and makes optimal use of advanced technology. This includes hardware acceleration provided by Intel QuickSync as well as broad GPU support. The new modular design allows utilizing the potential of multicore CPUs more efficiently than ever before.
- Optimized Audio Sync Performance: EDIUS X provides an even faster automatic audio sync function to align as many clips as your projects requires for a smooth multicam experience.
- Native Support for the Latest Cameras and Codecs: EDIUS X supports the newest codecs and camera releases natively like no other NLE. There’s no need to transcode, so you can just edit!
- Enhanced SDK makes EDIUS 10.x a perfect partner for complementing solutions allowing a tight integration of Third Party solutions and expand the possibilities even further.
- Ongoing Continuous Development: EDIUS X will continue to expand and grow its toolset with even more creative possibilities. EDIUS X users will benefit from all EDIUS 10.x updates available for download free of charge throughout the entire lifecycle of EDIUS X.
EDIUS X comes bundled with three great new modules for optimizing audio, title creation and video effects. All modules are especially customized to utilize EDIUS X’s new core design benefits. These are:
- Audio Optimization: EDIUS X comes bundled with the exclusive EDIUS Editions of Acon Digital: Compress EE, DeNoise EE, DeVerberate EE and Limit EE. Those powerful and easy to apply audio filters work like a swiss army knife whenever an editor needs to work on correcting and optimizing audio and VA tracks.
- Professional Titling: EDIUS X features the NewBlue Titler Pro 7 in a special EDIUS X customized version that includes an extended template package. This ensures maximal stability and performance. Titler Pro 7 EDIUS Edition offers new handling and design features for professional titling, animated graphics, rolling titles and lower-thirds.
- Video Effects & Seamless Transitions: EDIUS X features the proDAD Vitascene V4 EDIUS Edition that includes over 100 seamless transitions. All presets can be customized and adapted to the user’s individual footage. The seamless transitions also work great on animating titles and graphics. Additionally, proDAD Vitascene V4 EDIUS Edition includes over 250 great filters and transitions of Vitascene 3 LE.
The regular retail price for the above modules alone is more than US$600. With EDIUS X, you get all those three great solutions for free as part of the EDIUS X package.
Features added in EDIUS X Version 10.10
- Motion Tracking supports scale and rotation – EDIUS X is now able to use the scaling and rotation tracking information and transfer it to the attached or anchored object.
- Render and Add to Timeline, Between In/Out – this option (initially excluded in EDIUS X) is now available again.
- Thumbnail display in marker window.
- Easy cancellation of multiple jobs in the GV monitor.
- Support of Skin Tone line in Vector scope – EDIUS X now adds a skin tone line in the Vector scope that allows you to measure the colour of the skin.
Outlook: EDIUS X Version 10.x Ongoing Development
With upcoming EDIUS 10.x releases Grass Valley will continuously update and enhance EDIUS X with new functions and workflow options with every free update during the software’s lifecycle of about two to three years. As EDIUS X is a milestone and the first release of the newest generation of Grass Valley’s NLE, users can expect not only new functions but also extended and all new workflow options. Planned free of charge updates will include:
- Teamwork editing — including the sharing of content and projects.
- Enhanced workflow options utilizing the cloud.
- Intelligent handling of metadata for an optimized media management.
- Diagnostics and automatic bulk-optimization of audio & video clips.
- Enhanced SDK and Rest-API for third-party developers allowing for perfect integration.
The enhanced SDK will make EDIUS 10.x a perfect partner for complementing solutions allowing a tight and deep integration. This will also allow to include cloud services leveraging machine learning skills. Third Party solutions will also be able to communicate with EDIUS X via the new Rest-API allowing tailor-made applications and expand the possibilities even further. Cloud based machine learning skills might feature future tasks like audio-transcriptions or offer object recognition services combined with an automated metadata tagging and exchange with EDIUS, Mync and other compatible MAM systems through the new core EDIUS X datahub.
With EDIUS X, we invite you to be part of this journey. Find out how much your editing experience will benefit from EDIUS X and enjoy a new world of possibilities.
Want to know more about Edius X?
Supported I/O Hardware
Available EDIUS variants